Re: NANFA-- more comments on River Otters

Bob Culler (culler_at_tricon.net)
Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:38:35 -0500

<x-flowed>
At 11:39 AM 1/7/02 -0500, you wrote:
>The following are comments on River Otters made by someone who does volunteer
>work at Muscatatuk.

> From what I gather, they don't have any
> >traits that would upset landowners in the area.

Some folks can find something to dislike about even river otters. I took a
call at work (Bays Mtn. Park) the other day from a guy who was upset that
an otter had eaten 16 big catfish from his pond. A couple of years ago, a
lady was upset that she had otters "messing" in her yard. She was trying to
sell the house and (I guess) was afraid the otter poop would devalue the
property.

Ranger Bob
Kingsport, TN

"Oh we're all part of a big food chain, the big food chain of life.
You eat things and things eat you, and it works out so nice.
We're all part of a great big stew and someday you'll discover
We're born, we live, we die, and we're all food for one another."
~Mike Cross, "Big Food Chain"

</x-flowed>