Re: NANFA-- A Fundulus observation

sajjad_at_lateef.org
Sun, 13 Jan 2002 08:33:43 -0600 (EST)

I have F. zebrinius. They eat brine shrimp flakes and freeze-dried
plankton. However, they have lost weight since I brought them indoors
and I don't expect that they will survive until spring. A pity. I only
feed flakes and FD plankton. No frozen or live foods since it's just too
much a pain to get some regularly (not to mention, expensive).

Sajjad

On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, R. W. Wolff wrote:

> Heres something to ponder then , too. I have sciadicus. They are placed
> sometimes with studfish - xesima, and somtimes with the topminnows,
> zygonectes. Bruce, according to your observations, sciadicus are zygonectes
> by feeding habit. I have been raising a pile of young, and some of the
> original adults on flake , pellet and other foods. One killi that seems to
> dwindle on flake food, is the western banded killifish, f. diaphanus menona.
> I have only had luck keeping them inside with lots of live foods. They are
> considerd to be in that other group with the brackish killis, though, I
> guess.
>
> Ray

Sajjad Lateef   email: sajjad <at> acm.org
Chicago, IL     web: http://www.lateef.org/sajjad/