Re: NANFA-- Off topic?

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 20 Jan 2002 19:48:29 -0500

<x-flowed>
This is Aplocheilus lineatus, a native of India. The typical wild form is
more green than gold, with red highlights. Apparently some Asian breeders
are mass producing this color morph for cheap, and of course most LFS's have
not a clue what it is. AKA members will sell you the same fish for about a
tenth of the LFS asking price. They're a slightly aggressive fish, and can
be adapted to brackish conditions and breed in brackish water.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A