Re: NANFA-- 'manders and geography

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sat, 4 Jan 2003 11:51:04 EST

tcrail_at_northshores.com writes:

> How/Where would one keep a hellbender? I would like to have one (along
with
> a komodo dragon and many other such creatures), but my aquariums are
rather
> full.
>
> Traci Mount
> Student
> Department of Forestry, Wildlife & Fisheries
> University of Tennessee, Knoxville

Don't let anyone fool you Traci, a big aquarium is always better than a small
one. You should see how a school of coastal silversides look in a big tank
where they can at least mimic natural behavior. Even least killi fish deserve
more than a 5 gallon even though they are tiny. I keep mine in a kiddy wading
pool and 15 gallon tank but when I get the tank built for inside my house
they will go in it along with lots of other small fish. keeping a large fish
in a small tank should be discouraged as much as possible.

Moon

PS My new tank will be 240gal, my wife says I can build all I want but
nothing bigger than 24"T X 24"W X 96"L will fit in the house, but then again
I don't think she will take a tape measure to it so I may cheat a little!
Hopefully this year will be a better year for me and everyone on this list! I
found the silver in the corn bread New Year's Day so it has to work out for
me!

Moon