Re: NANFA-- Collecting ethics

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:46:03 +0100

Thanks for the link, I4ll look that up soon.

Interesting enough, where all these pretendedly "for-trade-collected"
specimens go to. A friend of mine wants them but they are not available
anywhere. OK, this is todays situation and they might have been in the trade
before or only in the USA. Anyway, a species in that situation you describe
should be restricted from collecting and only be free to institutions for
study or/and propagation (zoos etc.).

Every responsibly thinking hobbyist will keep his fingers off from those
species (I hope!).

BTW - is it listed?

Steffen

-