Re: NANFA-- professional vs hobbyist

Steffen Hellner (steffen_at_hellner.biz)
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 14:30:30 +0100

The best of it is from my oppinion if both groups cooperate on an open basis
of mutual contribution. The professionells are better equipped (though even
their assets are limited) and educated (at least should be), the hobbyists
are more or less free in their work and have another perspective in
addition.

Since I cooperate with biologists, institutes, and departments I have much
more fun in my hobby, more success by feeling accepted and the
professionells appreciate additional contribution they could not get on
themselves as they cannot be everywhere. Not finally as a hobbyist I can
observe my pets in a tank or terrarium which gives opportunities the
professionells rarely have. In the sum we create progress. And that it
should be all about. Both are valuable for the common aims.

Steffen