Re: NANFA-- off-topic: Saimese flying fox fish attacking other fish

anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 03:15:36 +0700

All flying foxes and Siamese [both true and false] algae eater - type
cyprinids including redtail shark and kin are territorial, especially
when getting older and bigger.
Though in nature some of them form migrating schools at certain times
of the year in the school they still don't like each other much. Many
species also have tubercles used [also with mouth] for attacking each
other and other fishes that they view as competitors or enter their
territories.

Tony
anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th