Re: NANFA-- Casper's comments

Dakota (DAKOTA6_at_flash.net)
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:44:40 -0500

Hey Casper... When I read these reports, I kinda feel
transported in some way as if I were there. I cant get
to some of the places you and others report on and in
your reports I get a chance to glimpse the flora &
fauna of areas I want to see when I can. SO, you and
Steven and all the others that so graciously take the
time to sit down and write theses reports, please
continue and I among others, THANK YOU !
and Jay, you are included too !!! :O)
Charles Anderton
Ft.Worth,Texas

correctly spell
>> > and rewrite and capitalize! ) and prep these
posts, photos and reports
>and i
>> > often wonder how many people read or appreciate
them. There have been
>times
>> > that some people will find some small, petty
thing they dislike and make
>> > public snort of it and yet overlook, and thus
show their unappreciation
>for
>> > the larger value and the extensive time and
dedication that an
>individual
>> > spends in presenting and attempting to share
native fish experiences.

>> > Im concerned that the time spent on these reports
may not be
>> > appreciated but by a very few. I need reassurance
that they are valued,
>> > enjoyed and appreciated. If they are not i am not
motivated to continue
>> > expending the time necessary to present them. So
let me know.

>> Casper, I feel the same way about AC. A tremendous
chunk of my free time
>> goes into each issue. (50 hours per? 100? I've
never clocked it.) Then
>when
>> an issue mails very few people mention it on this
list, or e-mail me
>> privately. Then I have to BEG for renewals. It's
getting to be a drain,
>and
>> I am considering "retiring" from my duties by the
end of 2003.

>> Don't feel too bad, though, when someone complains
about a small petty
>item
>> and makes a snort about it. At the very least that
means that they've read
>> it, and that something you've written has moved
someone to at least THINK
>> something.
>>
>> With that said, it goes without saying that I
tremendously enjoy your
>trips
>> posts, and Steven's, which may explain why I
haven't said so before. I
>often
>> forward them to Stephanie, or print them out and
read them out loud while
>> sitting on the porch sipping a mint julep.
>>
>> Chris
>--
>> /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this
list do not necessarily
>> / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North
American Native Fishes
>> / Association"
>> / This is the discussion list of the North American
Native Fishes
>Association
>> / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or
get help, send the word
>> / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not
subject) of an email to
>> / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version,
send the command to
>> / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead.
>> / For more information about NANFA, visit our web
page,