Re: NANFA-- Tallulah Gorge area trip report (way long)

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:21:54 -0400

<x-flowed>
Steven and all, I'm sorry I had to miss this trip, rain and all. I'm
impressed that you were able to come across a hitter in a motel, AND game
wardens, within 24 hours of just wandering around! You'll be happy to hear
that if I was in charge you'd be given a bounty for removing rainbow trout
from east coast streams, rather than threatened with arrest for waving
around a seine net. But I'm afraid the world isn't ready for that yet...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Roselawn Museum <roselawn_at_mindspring.com>
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: NANFA-- Tallulah Gorge area trip report (way long)
>Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 15:54:28 -0400
>
>Hi All
>
>This past weekend (July 12-14), NANFA's GA Region hosted a trip to the
>Tallulah Gorge area of NE GA & SW NC that attracted 7 fishheads from four
>different states. On Friday afternoon, I checked into a motel in Clayton,
>GA just north of Tallulah Falls to set up for yet another marathon fish
>chase. Fritz Rohde (Wilmington, NC) and I had previously agreed to meet for
>some afternoon snorkeling at the Chattooga River, so I turned of US Highway
>441 onto Warwoman Road for the seventeen mile stretch between there and the
>rendezvous point. Several places along the way (including a nice wildlife
>area) bore the name "Warwoman," and I was sure there had to be a story
>connected with it.
</x-flowed>