RE: NANFA-- disease problem

Nicholas J. Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 13:55:48 -0400

There are different strains and species of this bacteria. Your vet
wouldn't necessarily have to look at the fish, just provide you with a
culture swab and then send it in for the results. The test results will
give you the species and the sensitivity of the bacteria, this way you know
what to effectively treat with. Otherwise, you are taking a stab in the
dark. If you have a zoo near you, you could try to get chummy, chummy with
one of the vets there and see if they would be able to give you a hand so
that you can try to lick the problem. Call it a conservation thing and
these non-profit institutions will smile.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216-661-6500 ex 4485

"Fish worship... is it wrong??" (Ray Troll)

--------