NANFA-- Fw: dry suit for stream work

Pete Liptrot (coelacanth_at_btinternet.com)
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 21:23:59 +0100

This query came through on another list, and again for some strange reason
the first place I thought of to ask was here................
Either reply direct to the poster or send to me and I'll forward to the list
concerned.
It occurs to me that if he isn't already a NANFA member he should be.
Pete.

----- Original Message -----
From: "grossman" <grossman_at_arches.uga.edu>
Subject: dry suit for stream work

Greetings Fishy Types, I am looking for an inexpensive dry suit suitable
for snorkeling in small streams. About ten years ago we used to buy suits
like this from Camero in Austria (they were wind-surfing suits) but I can't
seem to find them on Camero's web site. These suits could be put on over
regular clothes and you could just hop in the stream and make your
observations. They were rubberized heavy nylon and could tolerate immersion
in shallow water without leaking. I don't want to spend more than $300 on
such a suit and there is no need for purge valves or any scuba-type
accessories. Does anyone know of anything like this? I'd like suggestions,
even if they're out of my stated price range.
TIA, g2

Gary D. Grossman
Professor of Animal Ecology
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602

706-542-1160
http://www.arches.uga.edu/~grossman

Board of Editors, Animal Biodiversity and Conservation
Editorial Board Member, Freshwater Biology
Editorial Board Member, Ecology of Freshwater Fish

To leave the Fish-Sci list, Send blank message to:

For information send INFO FISH-SCI to LISTSERV_at_SEGATE.SUNET.SE