RE: NANFA-- Saltwater References

Shane Graber (SGraber_at_sauder.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:14:50 -0400

Yes, similar processes could be used for FW rearing but it'll depend on the
species.

If you want to get the bible on live food rearing I'd highly recommend
purchasing:

Plankton Culture Manual
by Frank H. Hoff
Publisher: Florida Aqua Farms Inc; ISBN: 0966296001; 5th Rev edition (July
1999), 160 pages

I'm not sure if you can pick it up on Amazon.com or not, but I do know that
Florida Aqua Farms sells the book: http://www.florida-aqua-farms.com/,
which is where I got mine. IIRC I purchased it for somewhere around
$30-$35.

The book goes over just about every live food you would want to rear for
either freshwater or saltwater organisms: phytoplankton, rotifers, brine
shrimp, microworms, vinegar eels, daphnia, moina, mysis, copepods, ciliates,
etc. Excellent read. :)

Shane