Re: NANFA-- Algae Eaters

Bill Flowers (bloomin_at_indy.net)
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 19:37:19 -0500

<x-flowed>
I have found that keeping duckweed or Salvinia growing on top of an
aquarium will keep algae down. I had read somewhere that Salvinia was
supose to actually be a good phosphate remover. I know on my 125 gallon
aquarium I only have to remove algae 1 -2 times a year. It is actually
overstocked, but very little algae.

Bill Flowers

Michael Canady wrote:

>I would stay away from chemicals
>and go the natural route. Aeration, and
>lots of water changes 15 percent daily at least.
>-luke

</x-flowed>