Re: NANFA-- Algae Eaters

Michael Canady (canady1538_at_msn.com)
Sat, 12 Jul 2003 14:27:35 -0700

Hey moon,
I didn't write that stuff about phosphate remover
not being a chemical. And, of course water changes
with phosphate in the water wouldn't help.
However, if you do water changes with reverse
osmosis water, your phosphates in the tank
will be lowered greatly.
-luke

----- Original Message -----
From: Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sent: Saturday, July 12, 2003 12:49 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Algae Eaters

In a message dated 7/12/03 11:53:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
canady1538_at_msn.com writes:

> Phosphate remover is not a chemical. It is a material that absorbs the
> phosphates
> from the water. You can change your water and aerate until the end of time
> and
> it
> will do nothing for the removal of hair algae.
Phosphate remover is indeed a chemical or a mixture or matrix of chemicals as
every material is. Being natural isn't such a big deal either as nothing is
any more "natural" than excrement! And to complete being a wet blanket on this
subject, water changes will not help if your water is high in phosphates as
lots of tap water is! If you really want natural and don't want to use a harsh
chemical remover use a separate tank with water hyacinths growing it and
slowly
flow your aquarium water through it. Now I'm sure someone out there can burst
that bubble as well!

Moon
-