Re: NANFA-- wild daphnia - where do you find them? When do you

Bill Flowers (bloomin_at_indy.net)
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 09:31:13 -0500

<x-flowed>
Sorry to have not got back to you sooner. I am busier than a one legged
man in a butt kicking contest. I originally got my start from a vernal
pool located near White river. It also had fairy shrimp in it, but I
haven't been able to keep them going. Fairy shrimp are the freshwater
equivalent to brine shrimp. They even look like brine shrimp. Let me
know where and when you want to get together and either i show you where
i got mine or i can give you a start of mine.

Bill Flowers

IndyEsox_at_aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 6/26/03 5:11:23 PM US Central Standard Time,
>bloomin_at_indy.net writes:
>
><< Chuck, if you still need some wild Daphnia let me know. I have some that
> I collected several years ago and could give you a start.
> >>

>Thanks, Bill. I will take you up on that. I still want to find a wild
>source myself. Guess I need to keep a brineshrimp net and container for them in my
>truck.
>
>Last weekend I set traps overnight in the SRBD spot you showed me on
>Greencastle Road. No SRBD. Do you figure they are downstream now? Any ideas on
>where the ir went? Or is the population just deceased?
>
>15 years ago I caught some near Brookville Reservoir. I may head down there
>someday and snoop around.
>
>I may try and collect sometime this weekend. Let me know if you want to hook
>up somewhere.
>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org
</x-flowed>