Re: NANFA-- More seine questions

Christopher Scharpf (
Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:12:24 -0400

>I finnaly bought a seine and am just wondering what to use as handles.

For those in the know, seine handles are called brails. Broomsticks are okay,
but if they're painted the paint can chip and cause splinters. I buy my brails
at the local home improvement warehouse. Go to the wood section and look at the
dow rods. Pick a thickness that's strong enough to withstand a strong current,
but comfortable for your grip. Drill the holes as you would with the broomstick.
(They may even drill them at the sore.) Voila! Professional baitfish catching


>I was thinking to use cut broom handles,drill holes at each ends and tie the
seine to them.
>I don't remember what Dave had on his a couple of weeks back and i used it for
a good hour.I guess i was concentrating too much on the catch.

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,