Re: NANFA-- crayfish tank set up

Claudette Goldstein (claudettegoldstein_at_hotmail.com)
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 05:38:04 -0000

<x-flowed>
He could have been old!? Any water changes? Too much food!? Too salty
food!? (Did you feed daily?)

I used to over-feed and my water spoiled & almost lost the whole gang! An
emergency 90% water change, reduced food input & more regular water changes
& it's been smooth sailing for months now!

Mine get ONE 'official' meal a week- fathead minnows the bass & green
sunfish don't get to fast enough. In between 'official' meals I have
anacharis & hornwort floating for munchies. I do 10% water changes weekly.
Occasionally I'd throw in some algae discs & the crayfish would gulp 'em
down. (Only one disc per cray!) They would eat their own molted casing too!
The bass won't touch him & he's tearing up my amazon swords but I don't
have the heart to use him as 'bait'-he's come so far on his own!

Would you like the one that hitched a ride home from the barn in my
backpack? He's from Butler County, OH...

You can have him you want him!

Just trying to help! ;)
Amy

P.S. Claudette Goldstein was my best friend from 4th grade. I'm trying to
find her!