RE: NANFA-- Good Collecting in SW Minnesota

Chateau Stripmine (chateaustripmin_at_mcn.net)
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:00:45 -0600

Mark

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I believe there is an ancient Asian
curse that goes something like "May you live in interesting times." I've had
some interesting times lately.

Actually, I've never collected in the big rivers either. I usually stick to
the small creeks and ponds. When I'm alone I usually use traps and dipnets.
Whenever I can, I sucker someone into getting on the other end of a seine.
Mostly it a one time experience for my friends.

Do you know of any books on the fishes of North Dakota? What are the laws
like, regarding collecting? Do we just pick a spot half way and punt? Anyone
else interested?

Carl