NANFA-- FW: Dollar Sunfish and Longear Sunfish

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:45:49 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: LNHMorgan_at_aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 18, 2002 7:39 PM
Subject: Dollar Sunfish and Longear Sunfish

Hi, I'm an ex-biologist who still enjoys keeping and breeding native fish.
I live in eastern North Carolina, and have not been able to locate either
the Dollar Sunfish or the Longear Sunfish. I've had no trouble finding
several other desirable species such as Robins (Lepomis auratis), Green
Sunfish, Pumkinseeds, as well as Blue Spots and Banded Sunfish. I've given
up trying to catch Dollars or Longears myself and am turning to you for
help. Any suggestions?
Thanks for your time,
Lee Morgan