Re: NANFA-- No luck on Heterandria formosa, but......

PozSouthAlabama_at_aol.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 01:49:09 EDT

In a message dated 6/5/2003 10:09:30 PM Central Daylight Time,
ROBERHARDT_at_aol.com writes:

> I live in Mobile, but I have never found them locally.

I'm a transplanted Mobilian living across the bay in Spanish Fort currently.
For
years I searched for Heterandria in this area to no avail until this past
year I lucked
up and found three very isolated populations of them. I'm maintaining
several tanks
of these three populations right now and have found the three groups to be
quite
different in their colors, markings, behaviors, and even size.

As soon as both time and money allow I'm going to make a trip westward across
the
Mississippi coast and into Louisiana to try and find other populations. I
know of one
population in Bay St. Louis that differs quite a bit from the ones I have now.

All in all, these are really fascinating little fish

Chuck