Re: NANFA-- No luck on Heterandria formosa, but......

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 04:14:17 EDT

PozSouthAlabama_at_aol.com writes:

> Thanks for the information Bill. This past week I collected more gar fry
> from
> another area and these appear to be different from the Longnose gar fry I
> collected
> previously. These appear stockier in body shape with a broader flatened
> head
> (looking more like a duck bill). They're doing great so far and eating
> greedily all the
> mosquito larvae I can provide. Could these be alligator gars I wonder?
> Guess I'll
> know shortly.

Wow, alligator gar. Any chance you would be willing to send me one? I can
offer a really nice refin pickerel in trade! BTW, since I lost all my info I
can't remember who it is I owe some pirate perch to. I have two nice sized ones to
send but you'll have to remind me of who you are. The two sculpins are still
ok, they are in an outside pond with a good current. If they survive I plan to
try and breed them again.

Moon