RE: NANFA-- 2003 Convention...just WOW!

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 07:36:20 -0400

And it was a puny leech at that! I thought things were bigger in the south?
We got bigguns up here! And our wide eyes for gators was in anticipation.
I remember the past stories about Chip and the gators. It was funny, he
would frequently scan the horizon from edge to edge, until we finally
figured out what he was doing. I am sure that he would have been like a
basalisk running across the water at the first site of a gator. I was going
to bring a small rubber gator just for giggles.....

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-nanfa_at_aquaria.net On Behalf
Of Ipchay61_at_aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2003 8:14 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: Re: NANFA-- 2003 Convention...just WOW!

FYI.....No South Carolina residents attending the convention this year wore,
or even brought, waders while on the collecting trips. As a side note, when
Nick Z and Jeff R visited SC last week and were taken to several sites,
yours
truly did not wear waders at any time. Additional side note.....a small
leach
happened to take a liking to Jeff at the second site we visited.

Chip in SC ;-)