Re: NANFA-- Notropis welaka

Sajjad Lateef (sajjadlateef_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:57:51 -0700 (PDT)

Well well well ... another usenetter comes to the NANFA list.

Welcome, Ghazanfar.

--- Ghazanfar Ghori - McLean <Ghazanfar.Ghori_at_Spacenet.com> wrote:
> I'm planning a short trip down to Florida July 4th weekend
> and want to spend a day trying to find Notropis welaka.
> Things I've got going against me....
>
> 1) Never collected before
> 2) Trying to find a fish that others have had difficulty finding
> 3) Giving myself only one day for it

Good luck. If you do find them, please take only a few and leave
some to continue breeding in the area.

This particular species has been subject to oversampling in
many places and it's population have been severely depleted.
In our enthusiasm to keep in glass cages, we should try not
to extirpate them in the wild.

Sajjad

=====

--