Re: NANFA-- Notropis welaka

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 10:03:55 -0700 (PDT)

HI Dustin, I have observed welaka in the panhandle of
Florida. The St Johns River populations are the ones
highly imperiled, but the species is restricted
throughout all of florida.

I have taken Pteronotropis signipinnis living together
with hypselopterus in the panhandle and Pteronotropis
euryzonas is there also. Depending on how revisions
of the genus go some other species may be resurrected
or described in the near future too.

I am just hoping to get back into collecting condition
soon, so I can catch my own fish again.

Klaus

=====