Re: NANFA-- Hogsucker husbandry secret revealed?

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Mon, 28 Jun 2004 00:37:54 EDT

In a message dated 6/28/04 12:07:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
farmertodd-in-buckeye-express.com writes:

> Then it starts. They go for the sand. They'll suck in a mouthful (you can
> see the depression they leave) and none or very little comes out the gill
> plates. The kicker? They spit the larger granule Seachem Flourite out
> through the mouth, but no sand! And still nothing has passed for the last
> few seconds out the gill slit! They're sifting, sorting it in their mouths
> and swallowing it!

I've noticed this also, I have two hogsuckers I got-in-the convention and
they also seem to eat the sand. They are very nice fish, it would be great to
spawn them but just keeping them healthy is first on my agenda. So far I have had
lots of luck feeding them black worms and very tiny food pellets.

moon
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.