RE: NANFA-- Sipsey River / New Alabama Book

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:24:04 -0400

This Sipsey extravaganza is planned for the weekend of Friday, July 23 -
Sunday, July 25. We would plan to have a camp in the Wilderness-in-Borden
Creek, and look-in-fish both there and downstream along Sipsey Fork. Because
the Borden Creek site is in the Wilderness, fish can't be kept from there.

This campsite is-in-the end of Forest Service Road 224 (really, it's the
end!). To get there, get on Alabama Highway 33 going south from Moulton, or
north from Double Springs. Between mileposts 12 and 13, Lawrence County Road
6 heads west toward the Sipsey Picnic Area. Get on CR 6 and about a mile
down this road, on your right, is FS 224, a dirt/gravel road. This runs for
three miles and deadends-in-a blocked off bridge over Borden Creek. This
area is a trailhead for several trails, and camping areas exist pretty much
right there. It's full primitive camping--no toilets, no running water, no
nothing. Bring in anything with you that you'd need, and be prepared to cart
it out.

If it rains heavily, Casper will show you how to sleep under the bridge.

And I already have the new Boschung/Mayden book, so I won't go in on any
pre-order... So I know that what has been considered the Warrior Darter in
Borden Creek is now called the Sipsey Darter, an undescribed species.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Prizma-in-aol.com
>To: nanfa-in-aquaria.net
>Subject: NANFA-- Sipsey River / New Alabama Book
>Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:11:54 EDT
>
>hey prez bruce...
>when is our camping date for the sipsey?
>
>to all considering attending...
>dave neely showed me the new alabama book in sc. it is very nice and BIG.
>dave himself has several illustrations in it along w/ tomelleri's color
>work. i
>want it. the one donated to our sc auction went for 100 bucks.
>dave also gave me a discount form which takes 11 bucks off the list $55
>price. also by ordering several books-in-once we can save substantianally
>on the
>initial $10 shipping charge per book as additional books are just $1.50
>more for
>shipping.
>
>thus if anyone wants one of these books and will be attending the sipsey
>gathering we can pool our order. bruce, steve, stott, ranger bob... anyone
>else?
>the books are $44. each and we will divide up the shipping cost between us.
>great deal!
>
>let me know asap as i should place our order early next week to insure
>their
>arrival.
>
>casper
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.