Re: NANFA-- tiny white spots

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000-in-yahoo.com)
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 17:35:13 -0700 (PDT)

The classic treatment (that works) is to raise the
temperature to over 80 deg and treat with a malachite
based product like Nox-Ich or Quick Cure. Quick Cure
works better in my estimation but it also contains
formalin. If you have any invertebrates in the tank
they will need to be removed. Malachite Green is a
copper based compound and is very good-in-killing
invertebrates. Another method that works against ich
and a host of other problems is flubendazole. You can
get it from Tony Terceira-in-www.thefishwizards.com,
though I dont see it on their website that the present
time and also from Charles Harrison at
http://inkmkr.com/Fish/#anchor234. At $10 treats 200
gallons its an economical way to treat ich without the
hazards of introducing copper to your tank.
Check out the jaka article (journal of the american
killifish association) and the pdf file on
flubendazole.

Klaus

=====