Re: NANFA-- off topic: calling all Cajuns

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 09:36:49 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 08:30 AM 3/17/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Yes! CCR is the original "SUPER GROUP!"
>Hoodoo Voodoo?

Who do voodoo? I do voodoo!

http://www.mamiwata.com/hoodoo.html says hoodoo is African healing magic,
or "the study, practice and utilization of chiefly roots, herbs, natural
elements, and their magical, esoteric and medicinal use, by anyone who so
chooses without the philosophic, initiatory or theological practices of any
particular spiritual system or the intervention/consecration by its
divinities/gods." It looks like animal blood and/or sacrifice is part if
it, from the picture on that website.

My favorite CCR song is the one that goes: "There's a bathroom on the
right". It's the one that starts "I see a bad moon risin', I see trouble
on the way".

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA

/----------------------------------------------------------------------------- /"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily / reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes / Association" / This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association / nanfa_at_aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word / subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to / nanfa-request_at_aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to / nanfa-digest-request_at_aquaria.net instead. / For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org </x-flowed>