Re: NANFA--breeding fish

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:30:18 EST

bockhouse_at_earthlink.net writes:

> I didn't test the water in Fl. where I collected them but they shared to
> > stream with lots of Mollies so I didn't think it was acid.

Around here bluespots breed in water that is coffee colored but probably
quite hard. I've never tested the pH but I would assume it to be neutral to
slightly alkaline. Most all of the sand around here contains shells and shell
hash not to mention all the limestone that is dumped into local streams to
stabilize them. My bluespots routinely breed in water that has specific
gravity of 1.002 or 3 with lots of calcium carbonate in the water so I know
they couldn't be very acidic.

Moon