Re: NANFA-- Outdoor pond using water from sump pump

Travis Haas (travis.c.haas_at_lawrence.edu)
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:15:42 -0600

I recall that the labels on sump pump boxes all say that such pumps are
not to be used in fish ponds. The exact reasons for that I never found
out (but always wanted to know). Perhaps an inquiry to the manufacturer
would be in order. The danger may be more along the lines of the pump's
inability to pump water for extended periods than any danger of the
water coming out being in some way polluted.

Travis