Re: NANFA-- Fwd: nanfa V1 #1969

John B (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Tue, 02 Mar 2004 00:21:00 -0600

Sajjad,
You are correct. Most dry up in the summer. I did not spend much time
plodding around in them last weekend due to lack of time but last spring
I was successful in capturing Ambystoma texanum in the little "vernal
pools". I have a series of photos that I took. The photos show a
little garter snake and the relative size of a recent meal of the
aformentioned sally mander. Bon Appetit!
Pict 1
<http://www.cox-internet.com/pretzelogic/images/ambystoma/ambystomatex1.jpg>
Pict 2
<http://www.cox-internet.com/pretzelogic/images/ambystoma/ambystomatex2.jpg>