Re: NANFA-- Above ground pond

Bill Flowers (bloomin_at_indy.net)
Sat, 27 Mar 2004 08:16:28 -0500

I would use cedar or redwood instead of the treated lumber. They are
naturally resistant to decay and you wouldn't have to worry about any of
the chemicals leaching. I used some 2 X 8 cedar boards to build my
raised beds almost 15 years ago and they are still doing fine. I have
read reports that that say the chemicals will not leach out and others
that say they will. I guess it depends on which side of the lumber you
are standing on. Wel that's my 5 cents worth

Bill Flowers