Re: NANFA-- Neutralizing Chlorine

Bruce Stallsmith (
Tue, 29 May 2001 09:31:21 -0400

The best generic chlorine neutralizer is sodium thiosulfate. Several sources
exist for this in bulk for cheap. One is Jonah's Aquarium, operated by
NANFA's Mark Binkley in Ohio ( ?). The other is
chemist and killifish keeper Charles Harrison who has added an aquarium
chemistry line to his excellent inkjet printer inks business in St. Louis,
at (yes, inkmaker is intentionally misspelled). Either
place will sell you a large amount of sodium thiosulfate for very cheap.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL

>From: "Tom and Lanita Watson" <>
>To: "nanfa" <>
>Subject: NANFA-- Neutralizing Chlorine
>Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:02:43 -0700
>My water utility has announced that they will begin adding chlorine to our
>water on June the 6th. When I lived in Seattle (and only had aquariums) I
>purchased a product that neutralized the chlorine. Now with ponds, stock
>tanks, and aquariums, buying the stuff in little bottles could brake me.
>Can anybody tell me the active ingredients in the stuff and application
>rates? I would much rather go to a chemical supply company and buy it in
>Thanks in advance for your help!

Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,