Re: NANFA-- Rainbow Shiners in Ft. Payne

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 28 May 2002 17:12:21 -0400

<x-flowed>
Poops, I'd liked to have been with you for the rainbows & stonerollers
fiesta. That whole system, centered on Fort Payne and angling
south-southwest, is a beautiful stream (the Little Wills and Big Wills
creeks draining away from Lookout Mountain).

I have the species list (21 species now, including Tricolor Shiners) from
Saturday on the Little River but I have to type it in. I'll be back with
that...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Prizma_at_aol.com
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: NANFA-- Rainbow Shiners in Ft. Payne
>Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 15:06:48 EDT
>
>Perhaps Steve and/or Bruce will post a report on our fine May 25 Little
>River
>Saturday trip.
>As for myself i decided to spend another day in the area. After a evening
>meal with president Bruce and our good bye i booked a room and did a short
>run to Ft. Payne for an airpump, toothbrush and clothing since i had not
>originally intended on staying overnight. K-mart had a nice 1 gallon
>acrylic
>tank w/ a airpump, tubing, airstone, hood and under gravel filter with the
>gravel for 10 bucks! It makes a good travel tank... even better if it had a
>lighted hood. They make a bigger one which i will check out later, perhaps
>its hood is lighted.
</x-flowed>