NANFA-- Re: PETA & Fish Pain Theory

Jeffrey Fullerton (tcmajorr_at_westol.com)
Fri, 02 May 2003 03:27:24 -0400

> Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 08:45:01 -0400
> From: "Nick Zarlinga"
> Subject: NANFA-- Anglers carp at 'fish pain' theory - Apr.30, 2003
>
> To: Aquainfo list
> Re: More grist for the fish pain material mill
>
> http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/04/30/fish.fear/index.html

Generally I'm too busy to go angling but for the sake of woo woos from
PETA I will set aside time to go angling for bluegills at Cranberry
Lake. And I will cook them up in my turbo cooker and savor their steamed
flesh as it melts in my mouth!

Or how about bow fishing for carp or gigging suckers? My uncle used to
do the latter years ago. Said they were quite tasty too and it's still
legal here.

Seriously I don't know if they have a similar law in Pennsylvania but on
our recent North Carolina trip I noticed in the reg booklets we got with
our licenses that it is illegal to "harrass anyone who is harvesting
natural resources" which sounds like serious anti-harrassment
legislation to me.

That's one law I can live with!
If they don't have something like that here, we'll have to settle for
throwing the dingbats in the drink!

Hope they can swim.
Or maybe not.

Jeff