Re: NANFA-- amusing collecting notes

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 19 May 2003 14:50:36 -0400

<x-flowed>
Several of us on this list saw one of the most amazing sights ever on a
NANFA trip. We were at the Conasauga River in TN several years ago on a
really beautiful Saturday. After netting down the river, we waded back up to
where we parked and there, in the middle of the river sitting on some rocks,
was a nude Santa Claus soaping himself up and bathing in the river while
taking hits off of a can of Bud. I got the feeling that he did this on a
regular basis...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Jay DeLong <thirdwind_at_att.net>
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- amusing collecting notes
>Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 10:09:37 -0700
>
>At 09:37 AM 5/13/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>>Seeing how the list has been pretty quiet I thought it would be a good
>>time
>>for collecting tales.
>
>Not too amusing, Jim, but I recall the time I was in a Michigan stream not
>far from your place and I came across a gold vein. It was near dark and I
>wrote down the location and thought I'd come back, but things happened and
>I ended up in Washington. It's a shame to let it go to waste, so the
>location is [dialup connection terminated. Failure to pay bill. Contact
>customer service.]
</x-flowed>