NANFA-- RE: Nothing to do with NANFA or fishies...Sorry about that

Bob Sinclair (rjs_at_silcom.com)
Fri, 23 May 2003 15:07:00 -0700

Tom, Steffen and Klaus:

Tom: Now just one minute, there! We live in Santa Barbara, not downtown, but in
a rather built up residential area. The lovely Anne drives a Honda CRV and
loves it. At age 71 and climbing, it's easy to enter through it's large doors,
carries
a bunch of stuff when needed, and she likes the extra visibility sitting higher than
in a standard automobile. I doubt if it will EVER go off the road, and she
definitely
didn't have off-roading in mind when she picked it from all that's available in the
marketplace.

And Steffan: Regarding Ferraris and impotence, my '89 328GTS, bought in '90 with
just under 5,000 miles on the odometer, hasn't done a damned things for my sex
life...
damn it!

And Klaus: "Overgripping the steering wheel" is a common mistake. Every high
performance driving school teaches that one should grip the wheel...lightly...with
both hands, in approximately the 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock position, being prepared
to take appropriate steering actions when required. Gripping the wheel tightly, no
matter the circumstances involved, more or less guarantees a slower response time.

Like you, I have detected a seemingly linear inverse relationship between drivers of
SUVs and driving abilities. I could go on at length about this one...but won't,
since I
assume you are well aware of most of the gory details. In the wrong hands, i.e., in
the
hands of anyone who doesn't have a clue regarding vehicle dynamics, especially
vehicle
dynamics at relatively higher speeds, ALL vehicles can be...and ARE...dangerous.

Bob

- - - - -