Re: NANFA-- Native Gems and some scattershooting

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus-in-hotmail.com)
Wed, 12 May 2004 10:55:16 -0400

My experience with swamp darters was that they needed a constant supply of
small, squiggly things for food. I always had the feeling that if you can
see them, they're probably not doing well. They tended to be found in
obscure corners of Massachusetts ponds in my experience, suggesting they
like to hide out even more than most darters. Black worms might be the best
commercially available food for them-in-least in the short term.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Prizma-in-aol.com
>To: nanfa-in-aquaria.net
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Native Gems and some scattershooting
>Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 09:54:57 EDT
>
>swamp darters in my lfs grass shrimp tank too.
>unfortunatly i cant keep them alive. they really need live food i suppose.
>cute fellas... always active-in-the front glass. about 3 months is the
>longest ive had them.
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.