Re: NANFA-- Well, I'm back

Moontanman-in-aol.com
Fri, 14 May 2004 16:08:16 EDT

In a message dated 5/14/04 1:52:11 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bestfish-in-alaweb.com writes:

> I have a plan. We need to fight fire with fire. Little fish stores can't
> compete against the big guys, but could a big fish-only store chain?
> Imagine a chain of bigbox fish stores. Each store has some 500-600 tanks
> of fish in it. There are 2 or 3 distribution centers which import/buy
> all the fish and then clean them up with cleansing/conditioning, and
> then send only very high quality fish to the stores. The result is that
> a hobbyist who walks into such a store will be blown away by the huge
> selection of healthy fish and by the expert staff that really knows what
> it's doing, and really works to help the hobbyist succeed. Each store
> could even have some little classroom/learning center in it, and perhaps
> even host local fish club meetings. Eventually, the hobby wouldn't
> dwindle and suffer in a PetsMart/Petco infested arena, but instead
> thrive as never before.
> So, who has a few spare million to invest?

I'm in, I'll just wait for an uncle to get rich, die, and leave me all his
money! I would make a great manager!

Moon
/ nanfa-in-aquaria.net. To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ nanfa-request-in-aquaria.net. For a digest version, send the command to
/ nanfa-digest-request-in-aquaria.net instead.