Re: NANFA-- Re: Tank Raised Vs. Wild

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 01:29:34 -0800

Actually, it sounds like BG already has something similar to what I imagined
in place. Maybe some incentive should be given out. Something such as
breeder of the year award to be awarded at the convention banquet.

I can't imagine that NANFA would ever get caught up in requiring "starter
cultures" of natives to be distributed. Each state has it's own peculiar
laws regarding sale and shipping of native fishes, and it would be a
nightmare trying to make such a requirement meet every legal requirement.
NANFA has traditionally allowed trading and allowed advertising for such
trading to appear in the publications, but places the need to meet legal
requirements in the hands of the traders.

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org