RE: NANFA-- Brook silverside update

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 11:07:28 -0500

Hi Bob

Thanks for the input. I change out 1/3 of the water in all my tanks weekly.
So far, none of my silversides has gotten up enough speed to bump into
anything. If they were any more laid back they'd be bottom dwellers! I
assume you caught yours in MI. If so, then colder water definitely seems to
be one of the keys.

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA

At 10:56 AM 11/14/01 EST, you wrote:
>Steve
>
>I kept five brook silversides last winter. they did well on frozen brine
shrimp and bloodworms. I kept them in the river tank I wrote about in my
AC Dusky darter art. They seemed to bump into the glass and get a little
fungus on the tip of their "nose". With my broken leg last winter they did
not get the amount of water changes I would have liked. I lost them in
early spring. I had wanted to spawn them and do plan to try again. Good
luck with yours.