Re: NANFA-- fish parasites

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 16:16:18 EST

In a message dated 11/10/02 3:09:01 PM Eastern Standard Time,
bockhouse_at_earthlink.net writes:

> Dear Dr. Scharpfenfisch:
>
> My crappies have some kind of bacterial or fungal infection that seems to
be
> slowly eating away at their caudal fins. I have no idea what it could be,
> what with being fairly clueless and all.
Have you tried salt? A teaspoon per gallon of sea salt will usually knock out
fungus and many bacteria. A dip could be made stronger than one teaspoon per
gallon but I like to treat the tank instead of just the fish. Have you tried
furan? it's my drug of choice for treating fish. BTW why would you keep
crappie fish?

Dr. Moon