NANFA-- Bacterial genetics - ignore if you want fish discussion

Irate Mormon (archimed_at_netdoor.com)
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 07:30:45 -0600

On 15 Nov 2002 at 7:29, Moontanman_at_aol.com wrote:

> Bacteria are more likely to develop resistance to antibiotics than to
> salt baths or copper sulfate due to the way resistance evolves.

Oh, my!

Well, it appears then that we MUST have that discussion I was referring to, about which I did not want to make this sort of comment
because I was not knowlegable enough to substantiate anything I might have said.

Now I'm on pins and needles, waiting to hear the mechanism by which bacteria develop resistance to antibiotics, and how that differs
from developing resistance to copper and sodium salts :-)

Those of you wanting to hear about FISH may tune out now...

Prost,

Martin
Jackson, MS

--