Re: NANFA-- Disney supports PETA

Jay DeLong (thirdwind_at_att.net)
Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:30:09 -0800

<x-flowed>
At 03:55 PM 11/7/2003 -0600, you wrote:
>Therefore, it seemed reasonable to me to direct the Disney/Beef
>discussion (the "meat debate" as I called it) towards topics concerning
>the causes of habitat destruction and the ultimate decline of
>populations.

>So, I threw out some figures, which obviously didn't sit too well with
>some members, that were meant to show the environmentally harmful
>effects of many of our current agriculture and oil-centered practices.
> Again, my main point is that without a healthy environment we will have
>very few fishes to write about, and if habitats are allowed to continue
>to degrade then we will have few reasons to play in streams. It is a
>simple statement, but it is fact.
>
>I personally think that talking about habitat degradation is directly
>related to NANFA, but I admit that I do not follow every thread so I
>therefore do not have my finger squarely on the pulse of the group.

Well said, Pat. A few things:
1- Would you please include me on your offlist info sharing if you have the
chance?
2- Don't judge the goals or membership of NANFA by this list. In the past,
up to half the people on this list weren't in NANFA and most NANFA members
aren't on this list.
3- I hope you undersand why I scuttled the thread. I think this is only
about the 5th time I've done this in 5 years. I for one felt it was a
pertinent topic but unfortunately it went off in weird directions. Maybe
you scared some people :-) And come to think of it, nobody even mentioned
the simple fact that Disney is about making bucks, not politics.

--
Jay DeLong
Olympia, WA