Re: NANFA-- Old Book

Mysteryman (bestfish_at_alaweb.com)
Wed, 12 Nov 2003 07:23:45 -0800

Lance Merry wrote:

> The book was in an antique store in IN...I'll have to ask my mom which one and where. It was about 3 inches thick, the cover was tan...but it wasn't a final production because the pages were all different sizes. It was tagged 45$ and that's the reason I didn't buy it.

-sputter-

Dude, I gotta find that book. A preproduction copy??? Great
googily-moogily! That's like serial number zero. That's the editorial
copy used to lay out the final, er, layout of the book. Alternately, it
could be the one the author had made as part of his dissertation, a
tradition that continues today. That's the FIRST ONE, or one of the
first ones, assuming that it ever got a press run. They did things a lot
differently back before computers, you know.
45 bucks is a bargain if the quality is otherwise good.