Re: NANFA-- Endagered Species Report

Ty Hall (tyhall_at_mia.net)
Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:24:28 -0600

I have my own ideas about what we need to do, unfortunately I don't think that
mankind is ready to make the sacrafices needed to preserve itself or this planet.
I think that space exploration and colonization could be steps in the right
direction, but we need to establish ground rules that would prevent us from making
the same mistakes, or we will simply destroy another planet. If we do not learn
from mistakes of the past then we are doomed to repeat them. (someone more famous
then I came up with that.) We are way too selfish and our sense of infalability is
too great to allow us to see the error of our ways.

I also agree that we will not wipe out all life on the planet, but I do firmly
believe that the world as we know it will not exist within the next couple of
generations.