Re: NANFA-- Re: Electric Cuurent...was-- sunfish

Lance Merry (
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:04:28 -0800 (PST)

Well hey I'll try it out. I didn't know they made anything like that. Where would they sell it at? I just called Ken's Aquarium and they don't have anything like it and I'm scared to go into Pet Care...last time I got myself into a bitching contest with the manager about how they take care of their fish =P

Ty Hall <> wrote:
Lance and all, a little tip. If you are using electric devices in your aquarium (and who isn't?) there is a device you should really look into adding. It's called a Grounding Probe. The brand I offer, in my shop, is called Rid-Volt. It's around $15. It's simply a probe you place in the tank and plug the other end into an available outlet. It will safely ground your aquarium and remove any stray voltage that may be leaking into the tank. I recommend them especially to people that have a tank that always has problems, no matter what they
do. Most of the time stray voltage can be the culprit. You can use a volt meter to check for stray voltage in your tank. You should be able to find them at your local fish shop. For the price it's cheap insurance.

/"Unless stated otherwise, comments made on this list do not necessarily
/ reflect the beliefs or goals of the North American Native Fishes
/ Association"
/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
/ To subscribe, unsubscribe, or get help, send the word
/ subscribe, unsubscribe, or help in the body (not subject) of an email to
/ For a digest version, send the command to
/ instead.
/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page,