NANFA-- RE: nanfa V1 #1843 - NANFA Car Stickies?

Bob Sinclair (rjs_at_silcom.com)
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 19:57:12 -0800

Matt:

Good idea, in my view...and I wish you good luck with it.

A few years ago I quietly suggested NANFA produce
membership cards, with the NANFA Mission Statement
on the reverse side.

I, too, am proud to belong to this organization, and felt
that carrying a NANFA membership card and Mission
Statement would be a handy "door opener" for discussions
with potentially interested people...who could be turned into
new members.

The idea was generally disparaged. I even got a few private
messages suggesting or downright accusing me of wanting
NANFA to provide some official looking document I could
show game wardens and suchlike when collecting without a
license, or when collecting on private property without permission!

So, having quietly suggested it...I quietly dropped the whole idea.

Bob Sinclair
Santa Barbara CA