Re: NANFA-- FW: Question about breeding shiners

Klaus Schoening (sege7_at_earthlink.net)
Tue, 02 Nov 1999 21:13:41 -0800

I have rainbow shiners in the basement now some of which are F1s, they are
beautiful... Even not in spawning color they are beautiful. My adults are in
prespawning color and activity now. The males are driving the females and the
powder blue is becoming very evident as well as an increase in red intensity. I
dont know why this fish isnt in the pet shops. I haven't spawned them but they
are associate darters, if you look at articles on the nanfa site for riffle tanks
you will see a great article on how to set up a spawning tank for associate
spawners.

Klaus