Re: NANFA-- TDS and Conductivity

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 10:58:01 EDT

TDS meters basically work by measuring conductivity, and in the case of the
Hanna meter directly converts it into ppm of dissolved solids. Conductivity
is measured as micro-siemens. Depending who you ask under what
circumstances, ppm is equal to about 50-60% of microsiemens; i.e., a meter
reading 100 microsiemens could be interpreted as reading 60 ppm. I'm
honestly not sure exactly what calculation the Hanna meter makes.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL